On September 17, 1951 Bradley Elementary School opened at its present location at 321 Corralitos Road. The building consisted of seven classrooms and an additional prefab room, constructed by Tom Rosewall, Sr. The school was dedicated and named in honor of Elma Griffin Bradley on November 18, 1951. A dedicated teacher and fine principal, Elma Griffin Bradley devoted most of her life to educating the children of this community. She moved to this area with her family around 1892 and first taught in the Redwood School District. About 1923, she assumed the principalship of Corralitos Union School, where she also taught seventh and eighth grades. She returned in 1947, but continued to serve the children of this community in various capacities including school librarian. Mrs. Bradley passed away on July 29, 1967, at the age of 92, but her name and the memory of her service continue to live on. The Corralitos Union School District merged with the Pajaro Valley Unified School District in 1965. 1966 was the last eighth grade graduating class, and today Bradley Elementary School continues to serve community children in kindergarten through sixth grade.
Bradley School Vision
- All members of the Bradley School Community maintain that a collaborative spirit is essential to the pursuit of academic excellence.
- We seek to provide a safe learning environment and a high quality program of instruction in which students effectively collaborate with their peers while learning to make choices and set personal goals for success.
- We acknowledge that a respectful environment in which students feel self-confident and proud of their work, results in a learning experience in which enjoyment, imagination, and independence flourish. Our program honors and values the diversity among us thereby enriching the learning experience.
- We value seek to provide innovative programs to enhance and strengthen our curriculum which include technology , visual and performing arts, and a variety of enrichment opportunities.
- We work in unison to support home-school-community activities through active communication, effective forums, educational opportunities, and participation in community service.
- We value and recognize the contributions and input of every member of the Bradley School community as vital to our collective success.